Black mica is a mineral which appears shiny and can be found in granite and metamorphic rocks. It is also a source of some of the best mineral formations such as zeolites, fulvic acid, ocean salts, and many others. “Biotite” as it is commonly known, has a flaky consistency and is composed of potassium, aluminum, magnesium, iron, lithium, silicon, oxygen, and hydrogen.
As per history, Black Mica was discovered in 1960 by a Japanese researcher named Dr. Asao Shimanishi. It was presumed that it contained minerals that can be helpful to the body and the extracted form can benefit to overall health.
Shimanishi also believed that the black mica extract can help purify the water so he removed the minerals and kept them in an ionized state. This extract form is now believed to remove toxins and is now suitable for ingestion.
Commercial Benefits and Uses
- Black mica powder can be used in paint and coating to reduce the damage of ultraviolet rays or other light and heat damage to the paint film.
- It is the basic raw material for ceramic products.
- Black mica powder can be used as protective layer for wires, cables, and welding rods.
- It can be used as a suspended substance in fire-fighting dry powder.
- It can be used as filler in degreasing agent in cosmetics.
- It can be used as metal coating and filler.
- Adding a small amount of black mica to the water, it is a good purifying agent as it enables collection of toxins and heavy materials at the bottom of the glass. In addition to that, the minerals found in black mica are transferred to the water giving it more healthful benefits.
- It is also believed to help remove calcifications in the brain, breasts, lungs, and prostate. It also helps remove plaque from the teeth and yeast from the body (candida).
- Shimanishi also believes it helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar while oxygenating the blood.
- There are also claims that it prevents hair loss and helps reverse gray hair.
Black mica is an expensive commodity.
Black mica extract is a highly acidic solution that can cause problems to people with digestive problems such as irritable bowel syndrome.
According to some manufacturers, a charcoal filtration must be used before adding the black mica extract because using the solution alone does not ensure the water is pure and safe to drink.
It may be good at purifying the water but the presence of parasites and its ability to combat other dangers has not yet been proven.
Research done in 1960 was not documented and there are claims that there are no scientific studies on the substance nor does the product have a scientific grounding or measurable benefits.
It may be believed that black mica extract comes with healthful benefits but it would be better to ask advice from your doctor if it is safe to use.
This material is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied as medical advice. Always consult your doctor before taking any medication or supplements.