Are you having problems setting up a Minecraft server? Whereas you may think that setting up a Minecraft server is a daunting task, the good news is that it is a walk in the park. Here is a step by step guide on how to set up a Minecraft server that you can easily follow in case you are having problems setting up a Minecraft server.
1. Start with downloading the zip file at http://www.minecraft…raft-server.zip. You can then extract the zip file to your desktop or any other location of your choice.
2. From the location where you have extracted the zip file, click on the Minecraft server folder in order to open it.
3. Upon opening the Minecraft server folder, you will see a couple of files in the folder. Locate the two files named ‘server’ and open one. In case you are unable to open it, you can click on the window that keeps popping up and then select “Notepad”. If the file is blank, you can open the second server file.
4. Locate where it says “port=xxx” and then visit http://www.portforward.com in order to locate the model of your router and you will get instructions on how to forward the port. Keep in mind that if you fail to do this step, other people will be unable to join the server you are setting up.
5. Customize your server by changing the name to that of your choice. It is also prudent to keep in mind that this is the name that will show on the server list. If you want to change the number of players allowed, all you need to do is input the number you want after “max-players=” This is the number that shows the maximum number of players who can be using the same the server simultaneously.
6. Close and save the files to conclude the process
7. Click ‘start server’ in order to launch the server
If you don’t want to setup your own Minecraft Server, check out these reviews on Minecraft Server Hosts.